Looking for quotes about feminism?
Feminism is about wanting equal rights for both men and women. It is about standing by the belief that women are no less than men.
A person doesn’t necessarily have to identify as a woman to be a feminist. All you need to do is stand in solidarity with the women and celebrate their strength, knowledge, and perseverance.
Here are the best inspirational quotes and sayings for 2023 about empowering women that will inspire you to become a feminist.
What Is Feminism Quotes
1. “What is feminism? Simply the belief that women should be as free as men, however nuts, dim, deluded, badly dressed, fat, receding, lazy, and smug they might be” – Caitlin Moran
2. “Feminism is the radical notion that women are human beings” – Cheris Kramarae
3. “Feminism…is not ‘women as victims’ but women refusing to be victims” – Gloria Steinem
4. “Feminism is a way of thinking and being, not a way of dressing. You know a feminist by her gaze, not her neckline” – Sophia Amoruso
5. “Feminism is about giving women choice. Feminism is not a stick with which to beat other women with” – Emma Watson
6. “Feminism is not just about women; it’s about letting all people lead fuller lives” – Jane Fonda
7. “Feminism is probably the most important movement that you could embrace, because it’s just basically another word for equality” – Taylor Swift
8. “Feminism’s agenda is basic: it asks that women not be forced to choose between public justice and private happiness” – Susan Faludi
Why We Need Feminism Quotes
9. “Feminism has never been about getting a job for one woman. It’s about making life more fair for women everywhere. It’s not about a piece of the existing pie; there are too many of us for that. It’s about baking a new pie” – Gloria Steinem
10. “Feminism wasn’t a bad word; it was a vital pursuit and would be until girls were raised to believe in themselves and the importance of their contribution to the world the same way boys were” – Karen Kilgariff
11. “Feminism isn’t about making women strong. Women are already strong. It’s about changing the way the world perceives that strength” – G.D. Anderson
12. “Feminist thinking teaches us all how to love justice and freedom in ways that foster and affirm life” – Bell Hooks
13. “We need everyone to be a feminist. Feminism is the fight for the equality of sexes, not for the domination of one sex over another” – Najat Vallaud-Belkacem
Quotes About A True Feminist
14. “A feminist is just someone who recognizes power structures that keep people from having the fullest life they can” – Lauren Groff
15. “Being a feminist means believing that every woman should be able to use her voice and pursue her potential, and that women and men should all work together to take down the barriers and end the biases that still hold women back” – Melinda Gates
16. “A huge part of being a feminist is giving other women the freedom to make choices you might not necessarily make yourself” – Lena Dunham
17. “The beauty of being a feminist is that you get to be whatever you want. And that’s the point” – Shonda Rhimes
18. “A feminist is a person who believes in the power of women just as much as they believe in the power of anyone else” – Zendaya
19. “A feminist is someone who believes in social, political, and economic equality of the sexes” – Sheryl Sandberg
20. “A feminist is anyone who recognizes the equality and full humanity of women and men” – Gloria Steinem
Short Quotes About Feminist
21. “Feminism is for everybody” – Bell Hooks
22. “Feminism is the radical notion that women are people” – Marie Shear
If you loved reading our suggestions for quotes on feminism, then why not take a look at the following:-